3 Easy Ways to Reset Your Eating Habits and Encompass Wellness This Spring!
April 3, 2019~ Spring is such a natural time to want to lighten up… the weather is getting warmer and those cold temps are almost behind us!
It’s also a great time to reset our eating habits and encompass wellness!
Here are 3 easy ways you can do that… pick just one and go from there!
1. Eat More Vegetables-
- Eat a wide variety, and choose leafy greens at least once a day.
- Focus on adding vegetables to each meal and for snacks.
These might seems like easy things to do… not too mind-blowing, but are you doing them? How often do you add veggies to a meal? One simple idea is to add greens to scrambled eggs… I love adding arugula to scrambled eggs! Also, veggies don’t have to be boring! I posted a cool video on my Facebook Group Page on how to make Garlic Peppered Radish Chips!
2. Eat At Home More– this is so hard to do especially when we’re so busy but I promise, there are ways to make it happen.
- Set aside time on the weekend to go grocery shopping, familiarize yourself with ingredients and prepare foods to eat later in the week.
- Have healthy foods that are ready to go, you will be less tempted to go for carry out.
3. Exercise Daily– this doesn’t mean you need a gym membership or a lot of extra time. I used to think if I didn’t have an hour to workout I should just skip it… not so! Try these ideas to just get moving!
- walk 30 minutes 3 times a week
- do a 10-15 minute HIIT workout
- try something fun like a hike or a bike ride with a friend.
- download an exercise app to check youtube for free videos you can do from home
During exercise, sweat carries some impurities out of the body, making it a natural choice for helping to reset your body.
Check out this blog post I wrote last spring. It has a great 1-Day Meal Plan to help you get back on track. Try it and see how even your energy levels are, how your cravings subside, and how great you just feel overall!